International Eco-Internship Programme
WWF-South Pacific is piloting the programme in Fiji to inculcate civic responsibility among the youth in the South Pacific. The International Eco-Internship Programme is an intensive environment certification workshop for students of grade 7 through to university.
WWF-South Pacific’s experts and representatives provide topic oriented modules that are developed for students of tertiary level for the pilot programme.
Modules include presentations on current environmental issues, hands-on activities, group assignments and outdoor activities.
Sessions in the pilot programme will be delivered at the IUCN Conference Room, in Suva.
Objectives of the International EIP:
• Hands on experience
• Local solutions to global environmental challenges
• Exclusive information from WWF-South Pacific conservation sites
• Enables students to generate an insight into the eco-dynamics and challenges of the ecosystem
• Broaden students’ scope as responsible custodians of valuable natural resources
• Inculcates a sense of civic responsibility
• Become official Ambassadors of WWF-South Pacific and obtain support for nature conservation
• About WWF’s work in the South Pacific
• Endangered species
• Marine Life
• What is the Green Economy
• Documentary Making
• Local Communities
• Alternative Energy
• Nature Photography and many more
Upon successful completion of all the prescribed modules in the International EIP, students will receive an official International Eco-Internship Programme certificate from WWF-South Pacific which is anticipated to be valuable for further education and employment opportunities.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org